The World Health Organisation (WHO) has classified the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic. Ipswich City Council continues to closely monitor the situation, working with lead agencies Queensland Health and the Australian Government Department of Health.
We encourage Ipswich residents and visitors to keep themselves up to date by visiting the Queensland Health website regularly.
What is Ipswich City Council doing in response to COVID-19?
Council has established plans and processes to respond to pandemics so we can continue to provide essential community services during those periods. These plans are continuously reviewed and updated as further information about COVID-19 emerges. Council has already set up a specialised working group focusing on:
- Safety and health of all employees;
- Business continuity and how council continues to deliver essential services to the community;
- Keeping the community informed of updates;
- How to manage council-owned and managed events; and
- Ways council can assist the community if COVID-19 escalates.
A COVID-19 Response Plan has been endorsed and a communications plan is operational.
Please read the relevant information for Ipswich residents and visitors at Queensland Health, Ipswich City Council, and Ipswich First via the links provided below.